iCal & Outlook Problem?

Reaction score
I use Outlook 2012 for the mac. When ever I enter or accept an appointment into outlook, it also appears in ical. I just want to use outlook. Can I prevent appointments being added to ical?

This is caused problems syncing my iphone. I'll end up with 2 appointments, one from ical and one from outlook.

Thanks.

OP
J
Reaction score
Let me add to my question: I just added an appointment to outlook and it went to ical. I synced my iPhone and the appointment didn't show up. I looked at my iPhone and it is using my Home calendar in the Cloud.

When I go into iCal/Preferences, the only two calendars to choose from for default calendar are No Category and Work. There's no selection for home.

I don't see any option in iTunes for syncing with outlook. It only syncs with iCal.

I'd prefer to use only outlook 2012 for the mac. Can I do this. Failing that, how do I get iTunes to use the Home calendar?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.