20 station lab with wireless keyboards?

Reaction score
Hey all, first post...

At my work I just finished building a 20 station lab for digital audio. We're using brand new 21.5" i7 iMacs with wireless keyboards and the magic mouse. My issue is: half of the keyboards won't pair with their computers they shipped with anymore. When I first opened each computer they worked perfectly fine one by one when I restored them from a dmg I created with all our software and configurations.

Now that they are all setup, we're having issues with just the wireless keyboards, about 9 of them. Batteries shouldn't be dead. Latest software updates and all that. I'm at a bit of a loss. I tried going through each individually and trying to pair them via the bluetooth setup menu. I have a feeling the issue is that we have several wifi networks in our building eating up the bands, that couple with 20 sets of keys/mice. Either that, or the cloning screwed with the factory pairing. It's weird though, because half of them work right off the bat.

Lastly, I have a hard time with these wireless keyboards. There isn't much you can do to help them along besides praying that they work or taking out the batteries. I'm being given very little feedback on whether it's truly discoverable. I would love to see these have rechargeable batteries with a little USB connector on one end that can charge via bus while in use...

Anyway, any suggestions or knowledge is greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.