Thunderbolt Display Ports dead!

Reaction score
Hi,

My Thunderbolt display does not recognize any peripheral connected to the usb ports, after 2 months working perfectly with my MBP. I have updated all the software and firmware.

In the ports I have: apple keyboard, external hd (gforce, working w/ time machine) and I pad.

If I disconnect Thunderbolt cable, the power light in the external HD goes ON. Really strange, it seems all is inverted.

Thanks for your help,

Jotaga

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Have you completely powered it off and removed the power source? If so, my next stop would be Apple support. For a grand, I'd have an awful high level of expectations for that monitor.

Reaction score
Hi,

My Thunderbolt display does not recognize any peripheral connected to the usb ports, after 2 months working perfectly with my MBP. I have updated all the software and firmware.

In the ports I have: apple keyboard, external hd (gforce, working w/ time machine) and I pad.

If I disconnect Thunderbolt cable, the power light in the external HD goes ON. Really strange, it seems all is inverted.

Thanks for your help,

Jotaga

I had a somewhat similar problem with my Thunderbolt Display connected to my MacBook Pro Retina. It turned out to be a problem in the Thunderbolt portion of the display's "All-on-One" cable (that has the power and thunderbolt connectors). I bypassed the Thunderbolt All-in-One by unplugging it from the computer (leaving the power connector plugged in). I then plugged in a regular Thunderbolt cable between the computer and the empty Thunderbolt port on the display. This resolved the issues and I had full control via external keyboard/mouse and also the sound and camera on the display responded correctly. This meant that the All-in-One cable from the display or the electronics in the display leading up to that cable was faulty.

In my case the display was under warranty and Apple replaced the display. All is well now. I think they may have had some issues with early produced cables. Don't know for sure.

Perhaps this might assist you.

Barry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.