Synced iphone, lost contacts.

Reaction score
Morning people !!:D
My names Andy and new on here !
Short and sweet for first post.......

New MacBook pro..... synced iphone 4 (lost contacts)
Synced Ipad2.... NO problems
Synced 3rd gen ipod.....No problems.

So how do i restore iphone contacts? Tried restore device so far !!

All my contacts are still in my ipad tho ???? CONFUSED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

Andy

C

chas_m

I have to ask the obvious question first since you didn't address it ...

Had the iPhone 4 been previously synched with another computer?

C

chas_m

I don't understand your reply.

I'm going to guess that you mean "yes, it was previously synched to another Mac."

If that's the case, then there is your answer. An iOS device can only be synced to one computer at a time.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, but i deauthorised and authorised as requested when i stopped using the Toshiba and moved on to Macbook !!
What i cannot understand is how my Ipad2 still has contacts and iphone lost and wont restore from my itunes account ??

I only have one pc now. Apple has always been self explanitary ......UP TILL NOW :|

C

chas_m

I guess I didn't explain myself very well.

If (an iOS device) has previously been synced to (another computer) then it will need to be erased and re-synced to (the new computer) before it will behave in the same way as (an iOS device) that has only ever been synced to (the new computer).

If you have information on (the old computer) that is not on (the new computer), you need to move that information manually and THEN erase/sync (an iOS device) to (the new computer).

HTH!

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks !!:Blushing:

Will hav to put them all back manually by sounds of it then !!

Andy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.