atv2 help please

Reaction score
hey all new to this forum so hi everyone

got some questions please

had the atv2 for quite a few days jailbroken on 4.4.4 instralled nitrotv and xbms

I carnt find a walkthrough on how to stream movies to my atv2 via my pc on vista/windows 7 tyed everything

I heared of something i could add call icefilms but when i added to my atv2 just keep getting a error script error......i found a fix that i had to ssh to the atv2 so i did but i didnt fix the problem just made icefilms go a little further it downloads the 230mb and files and installes them till it gets to the end and i get the old error back script error.... i also get this when trying to watch amazon and another source

does anyone know of any other sources i could use i was after bbc iplayer for my little 1

i tryed a few times to install plex through nitrotv and when reboots i get the apple logo and thats it dies i have to plug into itunes and restore and start again am i doing something wrong

thank you

hope you can all help me

had the atv2 for all this time and not managed to play movie yet lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
does anyone know of any other sources i could use i was after bbc iplayer for my little 1

i have never been able to stream BBC iplayer through airplay to the ATV, on the iPhone or iPad. i can play it if i hard wire my Mac to the TV via the HDMI cable though.

if you are in the UK, try TV Catchup app. TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again
All free to air channels are there (including CBeebies etc) and they can be airplayed to the ATV.

good luck

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I carnt find a walkthrough on how to stream movies to my atv2 via my pc on vista/windows 7 tyed everything
Share the folder with your movies in across the network. Give read permissions to 'everyone'.
In XBMC go to Videos - add videos and browse for the folder under WORKGROUP.
That'll add it into XBMC where you can now watch pretty much any format video.

I heared of something i could add call icefilms but when i added to my atv2 just keep getting a error script error......i found a fix that i had to ssh to the atv2 so i did but i didnt fix the problem just made icefilms go a little further it downloads the 230mb and files and installes them till it gets to the end and i get the old error back script error.... i also get this when trying to watch amazon and another source
I know nothing of IceFilms I'm afraid.

Here you go:
xbmc-iplayer - XBMC Script for browsing and watching BBC iPlayer streams (UK only) - Google Project Hosting

i tryed a few times to install plex through nitrotv and when reboots i get the apple logo and thats it dies i have to plug into itunes and restore and start again am i doing something wrong
Only the latest nightly Plex beta works under the latest iOS version. The version from NitoTV doesn't work. But to be honest unless you HAVE to have PLex XBMC can do everything you need and doesn't need a server application on your PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
i have never been able to stream BBC iplayer through airplay to the ATV.

Airplay works with the latest version of the iPad/iPhone iPlayer app. So long as you're running iOS 5 on your iPad/iPhone.

Play the programme of your choice, double tap the home but swipe the multitasking bar to the left twice then you'll see the Airplay icon where you select the ATV as the output device.

NB: if you have a 4s or iPad2 don't use mirroring for this, just plain Airplay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.