• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Have you influenced anyone to get a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
i told my sister to get a mac in 2001, the g3 ibook..then my brother got into it and got a 14" ibook..soon after he persuaded my other brother to give up his 3 month old acer for a 12" ibook.. some time later, me and my sister went to an exhibition, and we concluded that she should get a 12" powerbook despite her office giving her a free laptop.. then i got one myself, now my eldest brother is getting a powerbook..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
iWhat said:
Anybody here make the switch by themselves? That's how it happened for me. I never knew anybody, who owned a mac to start with, nor did I ever get to tried one out, before I got my first one.

I made my own switch after using one at my friend's house. I thought he had a new computer, but it turned out to be a 6 year old G4. So I thought, well I wonder what the new stuff is like, and went to the Apple Store.

Haven't looked back.

Then I told another friend about my plans to get a mac, and he goes "Hey.... good idea!". Now we're both mac users... so I didn't TRY to influence anyone, but there it is nonetheless.

M

Maxp0wer2004

Technically, none, but my uncle wants a Mac after he saw my iBook... He just hasn't bought it yet.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My mother thought that buying a mac would be such a bad idea, before I ever got mine. She told me that I shouldn't bother, and that Apple is doomed to fold, and that Apple only had the iPod and iTMS going for it. But lots of things have changed and now guess who wants one.....? :eek: Muhahaha. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
someone I work with first informed me about macs. I went to the mac store and was hooked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.