HP Deskjet F4280 help

Reaction score
Hi all,

When I first got my Macbook Pro in 2008 I used a Canon MP210 printer and life was good, everything worked. I've since lost and cannot find a new USB cable for it, but I have another all-in-one printer so I tried to hook it up. I'm having a bit of trouble and am hoping someone might be able to shed some light before I contact HP for help.

My issue: I have an older Macbook Pro (10.5.8), running Leopard. As for the printer, I now have an HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-one printer that I'm trying to install on my laptop. I downloaded the correct installer from the HP site, though the computer doesn't seem to be recognizing the device. The installer then suggested I go to Hewlett Packard Technical Support - select a country or region and download yet another installer, however it is apparent no such thing exists. Anybody know how I can get my computer to recognize the printer?

I'm just trying to use the scanner, but this causing quite the headache.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What I don't understand is why not replace the lost USB cable for the Canon MP 210? Cables are readily available just about anywhere and certainly are not expensive.

The HP Deskjet F4280 drivers for Leopard are located here at this LINK.

OP
T
Reaction score
As for not buying a new USB cable yet, time is of the essence right now and I'm trying to scan as quickly as possible. I seem to have found a solution.

Thank you for your quick reply and link, I will take a look at that link for updates which may speed things up since I've got it working now.

Best regards,
Matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.