I Can't Install iLife '04

R

Raijer

I want to install GarageBand 1, which I got with my iLife '04 purchase. I inserted the installation disc, and clicked on install. After running a quick scan of my system, the installer told me:

"iLife cannot be installed on this computer.

This installation cannot proceed because one of the following applications is running:
GarageBand
iTunes
iPhoto
iMovie
iDVD

Please quit these apps before installation."

Um... no they're not. None of these apps were running. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks in advance!

BTW - I'm on a Dual 867 MHz Power PC G4 with a gig of RAM, running on OS X 10.3.9.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Go to your dock and make sure there is not an arrow underneath any of those Apps. The window may be closed but it may still be open in your dock, thus it would still be an open App. Now if that doesn't cure it I would have no clue what to tell you on that. Hopefully that is it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
go to activity monitor and check to see it they are anywhere in there.

OP
R

Raijer

Thanks for the help macAttack! I knew none of those apps were running, but after checking the activity monitor, I found that there was a little sub-program running called "iTunes helper." I had no idea! Anyway, quit that through the activity monitor, and re-ran the installation. Works great.

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.