Album Artwork

Reaction score
I just transferring all of my iPod music to my iPhone 4S. I had a Nano so album artwork was not an issue. When I look at the albums on the iPhone there are only a few that show the artwork. How do I retrieve album artwork for all of my albums?? Most of the music isn't old either... Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Good article that.
There is a great piece of software that you can get too, called Coverscout.

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard about coverscout, is it free? May have to look into it as it is a minor niggle of mine when there's no album artwork!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nope, coverscout is not free but is quite an handy application. I've usually found that just playing the songs in iTunes and then clicking on Get Album Artwork usually gets me the artwork from Amazon or wherever iTunes gets it from..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Nope, coverscout is not free but is quite an handy application. I've usually found that just playing the songs in iTunes and then clicking on Get Album Artwork usually gets me the artwork from Amazon or wherever iTunes gets it from..

It's not Amazon, that's for certain. Almost all the missing covers I had, came from Amazons servers in the end ;)

I believe it's all in the iTunes offerings.

Reaction score
One of the problems I have is that the cover art was/is not carry over to my iphone. I downloaded the artwork, linked it to the song, removed said song from the iphone and resync'd the correct file, and the artwork still doesnt carry over.

Thoughts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.