Airport Extreme Apple Care

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
I bought my iMac in November and shortly after got the Apple Care Protection Plan for it. I have it all set up and covered.

Today I just bought an Airport Extreme and I thought I remembered reading that it would be covered by that same iMac Apple Care Plan should anything go wrong with it.

Does anyone know if this is true or if I was just smoking something funny that day?

Thanks for any input.

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
After several hours on Google it would appear that my AirPort Extreme is covered under my iMac Apple Care Protection Plan. So I answered my own question if what I read isn't a bunch of bologna. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did you read that? If you can provide a link I'd like to look at that because I don't believe it's true. Apple care has traditionally been limited to the device it was purchased for, not peripherals such as the Airport Extreme or the Apple Cinema Display. Those are normally covered under a separate Apple care purchase per item.

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It certainly does seem to read as that. I suspect it may be dependant on whether it was purchased as part of a package with the main computer, but nevertheless, it seems it's covered.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with Kevriano. It does look like it's covered if purchased as part of a package. However, never assume anything... give Apple Canada a call and ask.

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably a good idea to call them just to be sure.

I don't know if you read the fine print below but here's what it says:

The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.

So if I read that right, I should be covered because I purchased it during the term of my AppleCare Plan.

Sounds logical to me but on rare occasions I'm not the crispiest chip in the bag. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
That's quite an extraordinary warranty in that case then. They must be pretty sure that they will have few go wrong.

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's my hope. I would much rather have nothing go wrong than have to rely on the extended warranty. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.