Bluetooth turned itself off, but won't turn on again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
Hi y'all,

I'm new to mac-forums so I hope I posted it in the correct section. I've searched for other threads regarding my problem but found none. If I oversaw it, please notify me and I'll do what I can to delete this one (not yet figured out how, but that's irrelevant).

Often I leave my MacBook Pro 13" on overnight to e.g. finish a download which takes a while. Now in the morning I realized the power plug wasn't connected and it turned itself off due to no battery life left. I charged and awakened my MacBook but somehow the Bluetooth function seems to have turned itself off. Though in the menu bar at the top is still written "BT: On". At times if I try to actually use BT it prompts me with the message "BT is turned off, do you want to turn it on?". The same counts for BT preferences and System Profiler, both show that BT is turned off.
However, if I try to check the box to turn (in BT preferences) it on it stays checked for like half a second but then unchecks itself again. I am absolutely sure that I did not click twice, neither clicked without noticing.
Does anyone have an idea to solve this? Restarting won't work.

Sorry for the novel like length, but I wanted to give as much info as possible since I thought it might be useful ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried doing a PRAM reset?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried doing a PRAM reset?

Hey thanks! Just did it, and it all works fine again :D
Another question though; my issue is now solved so is it expected from me that I delete this thread (as is the case in most other fora) or do I just leave it like this?
Anyway, thanks for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We leave our threads intact so other member who may have the same problem can benefit from the answers. Glad to hear your problem has been solved. :)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We leave our threads intact so other member who may have the same problem can benefit from the answers. Glad to hear your problem has been solved. :)

OK thanks; this way I learn more and more about the way of rolling here. Still new :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.