SD card adapter - long shot, but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
...just got a 21.5-inch iMac *drool!!!*...

I love that there's an SD slot on it. (And hate that it's millimeters away from the SuperDrive slot.)

My wife and I both have Sony digital cameras that take Memory Stick Pro Duo cards. I've been Googling etc. for a while looking to see if there's a SD-to-MSPDuo adapter so I could just plug the things right into the SD slot without having to deal with a USB reader.

Does such an adapter even exist???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It would seem most people want to put micro SD cards into PSP's. I haven't seen one that goes the other way around.

Personally, I'd have paid extra for a CF slot instead of the (completely useless for me) SD card slot.

OP
dauber
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Kinda defeats my purpose of having something easy-to-access though. :(

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Kinda defeats my purpose of having something easy-to-access though. :(

????
I don't have an iMac . . . is the problem the location of the USB ports?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
????
I don't have an iMac . . . is the problem the location of the USB ports?

They're on the back, on the bottom. Generally a pain in the tookus to get to. I really need to get a good USB hub and just use that. I'd SOOO much give the SD slot for ANY other slot, USB2/USB3, CF, eSATA, anything..

hrm... wonder if I could mod the thing... O:)

OP
dauber
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, those USB slots are kinda serving a different purpose on my iMac from my MacBook, in that I'm using them mainly for more permanent things that I won't be connecting, reconnecting, etc., like printer, scanner, external burner for the day that my SuperDrive inevitably dies, etc. It's not very frequently-removable friendly, and I really don't want to deal with a hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I need to do is get an in-desk hub and go that route.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
On my Mini (USB ports on the back) access is a PITR so I leave a USB extension cable plugged in and then just plug my SD Card Reader into it when I want to upload pics.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I do the same thing with my iMac. I keep a USB extension cable hooked up which makes it easy to attach and remove all my external hard drives when needed. And since I'm using a full sized Apple wired keyboard that contains two USB ports, I don't worry much about having to reach behind the machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do the same thing with my iMac. I keep a USB extension cable hooked up which makes it easy to attach and remove all my external hard drives when needed. And since I'm using a full sized Apple wired keyboard that contains two USB ports, I don't worry much about having to reach behind the machine.

Yea, but with the (now standard) bluetooth keyboard and mouse (and trackpad here) part of the niceness of the entire system is the VERY clean industrial design. If I wanted cords, I'd not have gotten the iMac.. I'd have gotten a mini (or a pro, but that'll happen eventually.. and go in my office instead of the living room anyway). I really just need a clean solution, gah that sounds horrid, I know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.