"Safari wants to install fonts on Bootcamp partition" --> VIRUS??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15" 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB SDRAM bla bla bla etc.
Hi everyone,

i was browsing on the internet with Safari and suddenly this little window popped up, saying that "Safari would like to use the font "Blabla" (don't remember the name) on Bootcamp partition" and asking whether i allow this or not. I normally decline all that suspicious stuff, but this time I accidentially clicked "Allow". The moment I did this, the webpage i was on turned black, with a huge red hand and saying "YOU WERE HACKED" and other creepy stuff. :Confused:

i closed the page at once, and went offline right away in the first place. Then i obviously did the mistake to think that "well it's a mac, how bad can it be" :Shouting::\. I had this Bootcamp partition for using specific programs in Windows, which i do not use anymore, so i thought, well, maybe that part was only infected or hacked, but what the heck, i don't use it anymore, so i might as well format it, and join it back with the rest of the hard drive, which belongs to OSX (Leopard).
That however was just a thought, that was never turned into action. I shut my mac down, and here i am this morning (next day), pressing the power button, and facing an empty black screen (strangely, dimly backlit). tried again, all the same.

The only thing i noticed, is that in the beginning, at some point, a white underscore appears flashing on the upper left corner of the screen, MS DOS style, so i thought that something is happening with the Bootcamp/Windows partition and the virus (?)-maybe it's set to boot from Windows and gain access to my hard drive content if there's an active internet connection?-. But that disappears quite quickly and then all i get is this black/grey empty screen..forever.

for your information, the webpage i attempted to visit was Australian Soy Candles, Hand made Soy Wax Candles, Wholesale Candles, Votives, Tins... - Home | Australian Soy Candles - BE CAREFUL THOUGH! don't do the same..
you can see on the google description of the page that it was hacked, something that at time that i opened the page was either not apparent, or i didn't notice.

Please, Any suggestions? :Oops:
I 'll be really grateful for any input. Especially since I have to work with my mac and make it for a Sunday evening deadline. And it's Saturday morning. heh :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
For clarity .... when you were using Safari, was your computer booted in OS X or in Windows ( via bootcamp ) ?

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To remove the Bootcamp partition you have to use Bootcamp Assistant, hit continue and then you have the option to remove. Did you run Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows?

Even if there happened to be a virus it will not affect your Mac OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.