My PB had to get fixed :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
So I picked up a used G4 PowerBook at the beginning of October, however, it was a bit flakey as soon as I got it.. First problem was that I'd only get 30 minutes of time off a full charge... No problem I had a 30 day battery warranty, they gave me a brand new one for free, cool..

Secondly, I tried inserting my friend's Tiger DVD and it would just spit it out, however, my cd-rw/dvd drive will read dvd movies, music cd's, data cd's, and dvd's from MacAddict, but not this Tiger dvd. It works in his iBook fine, and his B&W G3 PowerMac. That was the 2nd problem I had..

Thirdly, whenever I had the AC power adaptor plugged in, the light around the plug would intermittently flicker for no reason, whether or not my PB was sitting on my desk, or on my lap or whatever. Either the AC adaptor is shot or the connection on the logic board is toast, I'm assuming.

Fourth, and lastly, it takes a heck of a long time to boot up, I'm talking anywhere from 4-6 minutes after hitting the power button. I know OS X 10.2.8 Jaquar takes longer to boot, but should it really take that long? The dude at CPUsed (where I bought it), told me it takes longer, but shouldn't take THAT long... Either way, I'm looking at 1-2 weeks before I can pick it up.. It makes me sad. :( Pity me!

Reaction score
but it will be as good as new ;) that will make up the time lost from it ;)

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
iNAP said:
but it will be as good as new ;) that will make up the time lost from it ;)

Hehe, yeah, I'm really excited to get it back.. I also forgot to mention that the spec sheet said that it had a 40gb hard drive in it, but when I got it, it only had a 30gb, so they're going to put a new hdd in, which will be awesome.. I can't wait! I miss it so much, it's like a part of me now...

ALso, kinda off-topic, but I customized a dual 2.5ghz G5 PowerMac for gaming, so I can get rid of my wintel PC that I use for gaming/media center. Just under $5000 for a dual 2.5, 1gb ram, nVidia 7800GTX PCI-e, 250gb SATA drive, dual layer 16x dvd-burner, OS X Tiger, and a 20" Apple Cinema Display. Can't wait for that either!

Reaction score
hope the time without it goes fast for you. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.