• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumors back iPad 3 in March, add sketchy 'iPad 4' in October

Reaction score
Rumors back iPad 3 in March, add sketchy 'iPad 4' in October

ipad2-unboxing2.jpg
Claims of the iPad 3 shipping in March were braced on Friday by a rumor that included uncertain claims of a second 2012 follow-up. Apple's tablet would arrive in two months with its rumored 2048x1536 display, Digitimes' anonymous sources said. They also echoed beliefs that Apple would cut the iPad 2 down to $399 to squeeze out other companies who had discounted their own tablets, though in their case due to poor sales....

pixel
evnt

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11.6,Macbook 13,ipad 1,ipod Classic,iphone 4S
Do not believe it,until Apple CEO Tim Cook "shows" the iPad 3,then suddenly says.."oh...and one more thing"
No chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
I don't believe it either. I mean two new ipad models in a year? I don't think so either. Wishful thinking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
I put this right up there with the seven inch iPad... I'll believe it when I see it.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I put this right up there with the seven inch iPad... I'll believe it when I see it.

I think that would be a loser product - don't really see the need. I can see a slightly larger iPhone filling that gap just fine - just MO only.

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that one as well. Has Apple ever released 2 new products of the same type before? I can't remember any dual releases of the same product in one year but I might have missed one :)

stratguy

Reaction score
Yeah I can't see any 7 inch ipads. Steve used to breath fire when talked about!

We had the two-ipads-being-released-in-a-year rumour last year too remember. We were supposed to have had the ipad 3 last October...

Seems like that ipad4 rumour in October could also be BS imo....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.