ICloud Sync -- When and How?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
Can someone explain to me how ICloud syncs? I think this general information will help me understand my variety of minor issues with what is overall a very fine service/software.

I'm trying to get a handle on why sometimes calendars and photos don't sync or sync slower. I understand photos only sync on WiFi, but is there a way to force it to sync if you think it isn't synced like you would have done with MobileMe? Photos on my camera roll that I want synced didn't and only new photos sync. Can I make those older (pre Dec 11) photos sync?

On calendar, why do some devices seem to sync immediately and some events never sync? Why do some calendars show up on my iPhone, for example, but aren't visible at iCloud.com?

You see, I just need to understand how this works. I have a MacBook (home) and and iMac (work) a 4s and an iPad, all linked to the same cloud account.

David

OP
DpNDallas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
Updated

I still don't know how it syncs, but subscribed calendars now sync correctly with iOS 6.0:Mischievous:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.