iphoto dates are wrong

Reaction score
This is my first time posting and I am not very computer saavy yet. When I download photos from my camera to iphoto the dates are wrong. They are always one year off. In Dec. the photos I downloaded said 2010 and now in Jan. they say 2011. How do I correct this? Is the problem perhaps with my camera or is it the computer? I'd appreciate some help.

C

chas_m

It's almost certainly your camera. Reset the date in your camera according to your camera's instruction manual.

You can alter the dates of the already-wrong pictures in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
iphoto uses the metadata that's inserted into the images to determine date (the exif data to be specific), so yep.. it's the camera

Reaction score

You're not alone with this problem and if they have reason peers in the publications above, is the camera ;D

Reaction score
THANKS, now one more question!

It's almost certainly your camera. Reset the date in your camera according to your camera's instruction manual.

You can alter the dates of the already-wrong pictures in iPhoto.

I have googled this question over and over and FINALLY you provided the answer! MY CAMERA needed to have the date change! THANKS fot he quick fix!

HOWEVER, must I go thru the hundreds of albums that i have in my iphoto and change ONE at at TIME or is there a quick fix? Please, please, please (oh, and I too, and not computer savvy!!)

Reaction score
Change Photo Dates

From i Photo Help section:

To change a photo’s information:
Select the photo.

Click the Info button.

Click the title or description field, and then type the new information.

Tip: To change the title, date, or description for multiple photos at once, select the photos and choose Photos > Batch Change. Then choose your options from the pop-up menus and click OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.