Weird internet connection issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
Weird internet connection issues. *update- FIXED!

Here is the deal with my laptop. It's an 07 MBP running Leopard 10.5.8. I will state in advance that my battery is absolutely shot. I have a new one ordered, but it has been like this for about a week and a half, and other than running a lot slower than normal, everything has been working fine. The problem started when I downloaded a program for my little kids new Fisher Price toy he got for Christmas. I downloaded it from their site, the site that was listed in the manual. I had to reset my computer after install, and then when I opened the program, it said it was trying to connect to the server (fisher price's), but it never did. I then opened Firefox (most current), and it wouldn't open a single page. Now, I just used FF to download the kids program 2 minutes ago! Chrome wouldn't do a thing either. I am currently using Safari to post this and it works just fine. I can connect to the itunes store just fine, I can also connect to the other computers on the network. I tried System Update and it WILL NOT connect. My Sophos anti-virus will NOT update either. It just keeps trying. I have deleted the program I downloaded and I ran some clean up with Onyx. Activity monitor shows nothing odd that I can see, but that doesn't mean much! I have reset and reset my MBP and nothing changes. There is no other issues with internet connection with any other computers or our iPhones, so I know it's my computer. I am at a loss as what to do, and I am not looking to do a reinstall.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15"
I fixed it! I noticed that Little Snitch wasn't popping up anymore. So I uninstalled and then reinstalled it and all is back to normal!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.