Xcode 3.2 download issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: Model Identifier: Mac Mini Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed:2.6
I have a couple of hangups here. The ultimate objective is to install Snort.
That requires Macports-2.0.3-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg for OS X 10.6.8. Macports install fails saying Xcode not installed. OK I believe that can be found and installed as an option from a utility folder on the SL cd. My CD/DVD fails to mount any CD or DVD. It just hangs there then ejects but that's a side issue I'm addressing. So sad but anyway back to Xcode. It's my understanding that Xcode 3.2 is freely available on the apple developer's site for download but all I can find is 4.x.

Two questions then.
- Can anyone point me to the Xcode 3.2 download or show another source?
- Is 3.2 or 3.2.6 required for Snow Leopard? :p

thanks...........

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: Model Identifier: Mac Mini Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed:2.6
After considerable more huntin' and peckin; around the developer's web site I found it!
It's still there as a freebie for registered users and named xcode3210a432.dmg. There was also no mention of v 3.2.6 so that answered that.

Reaction score
Y????????????????

Why don't u just get Xcode 4. Its free and on the app store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Why don't u just get Xcode 4. Its free and on the app store

It's ONLY free if you're running Lion. If you're running Snow Leopard, it's only available to PAID developers (as opposed to those who register for the free developer account).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.