iCleaner vs Brasso for cleaning your iPod and iPod nano

Reaction score
I noticed it seems to have died down now that Apple have admitted some nano were faulty. But some people still have normal iPod nano that need a bit of a polish up. So I thought I would start a thread on cleaning your iPod and iPod nano. I started on mine and can cont here.
Brasso or iCleaner for iPod polishing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
I think Brasso can screw things up even more. I didn't use it on my iPod (it's still too new) but I did try it out on a CD. Some people will tell you it can fix minor scratches. It didn't work for me, though - I may have used it wrong.

Also, I don't think I'd ever pour something as nasty as Brasso on an iPod or any other electronical device. That stuff is well suited for jewelry and such, but not for something too delicate. Just my opinion. :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I've used Brasso a couple of times on my iBook. Yes, it does clear up minor scratches, but not the deep ones. Brasso is effective, but you really have to work it in good. Just rub it in for a while and with pressure.

OP
P
Reaction score
The outcome from my ipod cleaning Brasso experiment

iWhat said:
I've used Brasso a couple of times on my iBook. Yes, it does clear up minor scratches, but not the deep ones. Brasso is effective, but you really have to work it in good. Just rub it in for a while and with pressure.

I now agree. The full story again is on my blog but it worked so hard on it last night on my iPod and only the minor scratches really moved. But it was better than nothing and is alot cheaper than iCleaner even it is doesnt do such a great job.

Brasso vs iCleaner for iPod and nano

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.