are they good...

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to buy more ram for a 2007 macbook and a 2012 imac. I found canadaram out of Vancouver. Are they decent ? Has anyone used them before ? I also know of crucial and they ship to Canada. Has anyone used crucial from Canada and if so is the shipping customs fees ok or shall I be looking elsewhere ? thanks in advance, G2G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Crucial is one of the best IMHO.

C

chas_m

CanadaRAM is actually based in Victoria, not Vancouver, and is my local dealer. It is THE BEST place to get RAM (including the Crucial brand) in the whole country, and I say this because it is staffed by people with an EXTENSIVE knowledge of computers (particularly Macs) who have been very well-trained in accurate information, fast shipping and how to deal with any issues professionally and promptly.

They are generally competitive with anyone else out there and in terms of VALUE can't be beat. I recommend them HIGHLY.

OP
G
Reaction score
chas m, do you know from personal experience or other if CanadaRAM does price matching ? I see crucial is considerably cheaper and was curious. I know one is in the US and one Canada so that will dictate the price, etc cheers G2G

C

chas_m

I don't think they price match, but if you've ever shipped stuff into Canada from the US, you will quickly discover that buying from a Canadian dealer is generally cheaper, even on relatively small purchase.

You can sometimes avoid the hidden charges and "brokerage" fees and customs fees etc but generally if you're in Canada, you want to use a Canadian mail-order outfit if possible (it's not always possible, of course).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
Crucial is definitely the way to go!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.