2007 iMac Leopard upgrade Snow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel core 2 duo
I recently saved an old imac from the the trash. I Leopard installed/250gb/2 gb ram and am enjoying this find.
My question is: Flash player updated won't install> says I need 10.6.8 to continue. Will this slow down the resources of this older intel core 2 cpu?

C

chas_m

No, not at all. Quite the opposite in fact -- Snow Leopard is (essentially) a stripped-down, Intel-only version of Leopard (hence the derivative name).

Flash player, on the other hand, WILL tax the resources of your machine (but it does that for everyone!). I'd recommend that you install the latest Flash Player your machine will support, but I would also suggest a plug-in that forces HTML5 where available for video delivery (much MUCH less taxing on the processor) or even blocks Flash selectively (like ClickToFlash for example, which just blocks Flash until you click on the blocked element to OK it).

OP
StephenX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel core 2 duo
Thanks Chas.
I'll be upgrading soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.