Printer help

Reaction score
Please bear with me as I am new to Mac but I am having a problem getting my MacBook Pro to recognize the printer that is being shared on my windows network.

I have a HP printer hired wired to my desktop that mt MacBook Pro used to print to using windows network. I received a new wireless printer for work that I recently installed on the MacBook Pro but when I did that it wiped out the old printer and I cannot reinstall.

I can browse the internet find using the wireless network running off my desktop but when I hit the " + " symbol to install a new printer and click windows tab the network no longer shows up??? I deleted the new printer but it keeps showing up, why does the old one (and windows network for that matter) not show up?

OP
M
Reaction score
Please bear with me as I am new to Mac but I am having a problem getting my MacBook Pro to recognize the printer that is being shared on my windows network.

I have a HP printer hired wired to my desktop that mt MacBook Pro used to print to using windows network. I received a new wireless printer for work that I recently installed on the MacBook Pro but when I did that it wiped out the old printer and I cannot reinstall.

I can browse the internet find using the wireless network running off my desktop but when I hit the " + " symbol to install a new printer and click windows tab the network no longer shows up??? I deleted the new printer but it keeps showing up, why does the old one (and windows network for that matter) not show up?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post or attempt to move your post by posting again in a different forum. If you feel the post is in the wrong forum, ask a Staff member to move it for you. Both of your posts have been combined.

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well my problem has taken one step in the right direction but still going no where. When I click "+" to add a new printer then click "windows" my network appears but I do not see anything in middle column where I would select the printer. Also, this screen gets frozen at this point, no other tabs work.

Can someone please help or direct me to where I can add mt HP Photosmart C4400 printer that work so nice before? I would go to the store but what good will that do as they will not be able to see my network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.