iTunes Applescript copy to NAS

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to get a simple Applescript to allow me to select a bunch of files in iTunes, and the script will copy the files across to my NAS as a backup. I want the script to have coded into it the base location of my music directory on the NAS, and the script will take the artist name and album name from each track and copy it into the following file location \\baselocation\artist\album\tracknumber - tracktitle.fileextension

I have looked around the internet, including dogs scripts, but can not find anything relevant. I have code for selecting the files and created a for loop to enumerate them, but can't figure out how to generate the correct file path, or copy file syntax. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
You can probably do this with just a script but I use an application called backuplist+ Here's a link for it Rob DuToit OSX Software It's been a great tool so far and has several options for backups and works fine with a NAS setup.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I will take a look.

But I am hoping to do this as a script as it needs to be part of a workflow. I rip the CD into iTunes in Apple Lossless format, select the script, and I want it to copy the files to the nas, convert them to aac128 format, and then delete the original lossless file.

End result is a nice lossless file on the NAS for the Sonos to play, and a nice compressed version in iTunes for me to sync to iPhone,iPad, etc.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Ah I see. More than just a simple backup to NAS. Well here's a good place to start. Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes Quite a few scripts that could maybe do what you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.