• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Intel PowerBooks, iSight and Widescreen iBook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea same here, looks like we might be owning a dying thing ;)

can see why they would get rid of it though as the gap between the 12"PB and iBooks get smaller with every update but it would be awesome to see the new PBs with an iSight

OP
L

lil

inflexion said:
yea same here, looks like we might be owning a dying thing ;)

can see why they would get rid of it though as the gap between the 12"PB and iBooks get smaller with every update but it would be awesome to see the new PBs with an iSight

That is true, but for those who need a higher end GPU, DVI output, dual monitor support (Apple sanctioned that is!) and clamshell mode - those things made me choose a 12" PowerBook - plus it has a much nicer keyboard...

Rumours will always be rumours but a 13" widescreen iBook *and* PowerBook would be nice :flower: Perhaps something in the old 15" 1280x864 resolution.

Rumours will be rumours though...

Either way, doesn't take away the fact I own and am using a 12" PowerBook now :flower: They are a very popular model - sold a lot of them when I worked at an AppleCentre, although much of that was to do with the fact seperating me from this thing is difficult and it always went to work with me and I wowed customers what the little silver box hooked up to a 23" Cinema display could do :flower:

And there is very much a wow factor over the PowerBook 12"...

That said, we probably sold 3 x as many iBook 12" which are phenomenally popular.

Vicky

OP
T

trix213

its gettin killed off? i should get one now then.

"new" intel ibooks sitll won't have DVI and etc. correct?

Reaction score
That would be horrible if they got rid of the 12 inch ones, I like them because they seem so small and portable, widescreen laptops seem to bulky, and I would rather pay for a desktop computer if it was to be that big, my metality towards laptops was they should be, more portable and smaller. The 12 inch powerbooks or iBooks were the only laptops I ever considered buying because of their size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I say they make all the iBooks 13" widescreen, then keep the 12" PowerBook (widescreen or not) on, make it even thinner, and market it as a "portable business solution," or something like that.

OP
D

dlisle20

I love macs so **** much, but i'm a hardcore gamer so i'm really stuck. I want to get the new Intel 15" PB, but what sort of graphics card will we be talking? Cause i heard you will be able to install windows on the new ones :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I was reading in laptop magazine how they said the Averatec 4100 with 13.3 inch widescreen display was the best bet in their "affordable and portable" category. If I'm not mistaken isn't that who Apple has making the ibooks? And if so, does this signal towards a sooner release date for the new mactel ibooks? Juuuuuuuust wondering. Maybe I'm digging to deep into this. :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Mace said:
I was reading in laptop magazine how they said the Averatec 4100 with 13.3 inch widescreen display was the best bet in their "affordable and portable" category. If I'm not mistaken isn't that who Apple has making the ibooks? And if so, does this signal towards a sooner release date for the new mactel ibooks? Juuuuuuuust wondering. Maybe I'm digging to deep into this. :miner:

That Averatec is a sweet machine. Pretty much already looks like an iBook to some extent. To bad Apple isn't going to use AMD processors, that Turion64 would be nice in an iBook. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.