Forwarding Email on iPad

Reaction score
My wife has an iPad 1. She has finally got around to using it but now she has got her Hotmail on the tablet she finds she cannot forward emails. The forums say easy; just use the arrows at the top right of the screen - only issue is that there are no arrows there! She is about to revert back to her MS operating system on her 'old' laptop as she is really battling.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I changed the title of your thread to something more descriptive - your user name doesn't tell us much ;).

C

chas_m

How is she accessing her Hotmail? Through a web browser or using the mail client?

The instructions you received apply to a mail client.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks Chas.....she is trying through her browser. We both are new to the Mac systems - once we have ID'ed methods of what ever we are trying everything is clear. It is the frustration of adopting a new system (and often the demand to pay money which we are not comfortable with). We received one mail last night from an alleged Apple authorised operator who said we had to pay £31 to receive the answer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To be honest, if you're using the browser there's not much in the way difference between using hotmail on any platform.

Once you click on the message to read it just touch where it says reply and use the drop down to select Forward.

The Hotmail website isn't too friendly so you could always scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Mobile Site' - that's a much cleaner and stratforward interface.

However, you may wish to forget the web interface and use the built-in email client.

Go to "Settings" - "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" - "Add Account..." - scroll down and hit "windows Live Hotmail" and follow the screens through entering your email/password etc. Now you'll be able to use the iPads email client. You'll find it quicker and easier than the web interface (in my opinion)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.