User Question

Reaction score
I'm new to Mac. Just got an iMac a couple of weeks ago. I made a user account for my wife, she dragged a graphic froma flash drive to her desktop but it went to mine.
What are we doing wrong?

Sergio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Was she logged in as you? You shouldn't (even as an administrator) be able to read/write to another users desktop.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I also agree, Dysfunction is right. OSX will not copy to another users Desktop. Have tried it many times and nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I think both of us were logged in. I didn't set up any passwords.

At the same time? Is that even possible?
No passwords for accounts? Is that even possible?

I only have one account set up, and never have to enter a password. But with two or more accounts, wait... I have a troubleshooting account. I rarely use it, but perhaps I'd need passwords to switch back and forth.

C

chas_m

Having no passwords doesn't bypass the need to enter (null) when installing software, and just makes the machine INCREDIBLY ATTRACTIVE to thieves and mischievous relations or friends.

And apparently it creates a lot of user confusion, as evidenced by this thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.