disk error invalid sibling

Reaction score
hi all hope some one can help

i have a white 2.1 intel imac

it started to behave oddly and looking thru the forums here & else where , i found running fsck i had a invalid sibling link so i did a clean install of snow leopard

put everything back from a time machine back up and day & a half later same problems ,

so yesterday did a clean install again & did not put any old stuff back , this morning same situation

i am wondering if i have a faulty HD & wonder if what the best plan of attack is

either to buy disk warrior and sort the disk

or pull it apart and stick a new HD in , both work out the same sort of money , the second is more work but i get a new HD in the machine which is now a few years old

any ideas

thanks

MM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The error is indicative of a defective hard drive. Backup all your data and replace the hard drive. Don't waste your money on purchasing Disk Warrior unless you wish to have it for future use. It's a great program but in this case you don't need it to tell you that the drive needs replacing.

And please do not use unnecessary carriage returns in your post as that makes it difficult to read. I edited most of them out for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.