Upgrading RAM in MBP

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a mid 2010 model macbook pro 13". Lately i've noticed that its been quite slow both loading programs and when programs are running, it becomes un-responsive quite a lot. The spinning wheel is quite a common sight. It has the 4GB of RAM that it came with, but I was wanting to upgrade to 8GB to make it a bit faster. I'm a bit confused about what is compatible though. System information says i've got "4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3". I went on apples site and found this: MacBook Pro: How to remove or install memory

Click on Macbook pro (13-inch, mid 2010), it says all the specifications

Notebook RAM

Can you look on this site and see if there is any products that are compatible with this computer???

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
That slowness that you are getting, could be something else and not how much RAM you have in it.
How long has it been since you have cleaned the OS by Repairing Permissions in Disk Utility ??
How full is your HD ? Should have around 20% free space for the OS to work at it optimum. Try and find the problem before you go spending more money when its not needed.

What are your Mac Specs ?? Mac type and what OS and version too please for us too help you.

I have a 13" with the GeForce 320M processor with 4GB RAM and even with PS CS5 running with minimum 5 other Apps i don't have any slowness or spinning ball. If this came in over time its easy to rule out it being a RAM issue, so if i was you i would Repair Permissions Sing out then back in and you should be right to go.
If your HD is too full, it will be time for a Ext HD and make a backup then clean your HD up and make some more space. But yea lets do this 1 thing at a time.

Cheers

EDIT : Im not too sure about that site and wasn't going to troll through all there RAM to find yours, but if you go to this site, My OWC ~ MacSales and then follow the easy prompts to find your RAM and it will gee you a list of ALL RAM compatible to your Machine. I have used this company for RAM in the past and can't say a bad word about them.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your response! I agree, i'll try one thing at a time.
Specs:
-2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
-4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
-NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
-Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

I have a 500GB HDD and have 51GB free. I'm thinking now this is more of the problem than the ram....
I'd rather get a bigger internal hdd like a 1TB or something, and put EVERYTHING on it rather than having to plug an external in all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
^^^ Yes well the choice is yours as getting a bigger HD, but remember you won't have a backup. Think having the TB drive with 750GB of your precious documents and all of a sudden it fails. Not having a backup you will loose the lot. With a backup you don't fret. You Get a new drive and migrate it all over and you don't think twice about it.

Just saying :Smirk: and this might be a good read lol http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/245794-official-backup-faq-start-backing-up-now.html ;P

Cheers

Oh and Repair Permissions sign out and in and you should have a new machine :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.