Mac Mail 5.1 and iCloud Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.7 GHz 12GB Ram Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
I have a new iMac and can't seem to get mail using Mac Mail. Logging in to iCloud I see all the messages but they doesn't show up in Mac Mail. If I try to forward a message from iCloud I get an error saying it can't send it. I have tried it using both servers in the list. iCloud and smtp.mail.me. Get the same can't send error.
Is there some configuration changes I can make to get the mail forwarded from iCloud to my iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Did you go to system preferences and log into iCloud? Then turn on mail and all that from there...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, That worked. I now see the email on my Mac. Now I need to figure out how to get mail to send. The server iCloud is listed as being Offline, and selecting the other server in the list ( smtp.me.com ) works on a forward of an email but fails sending a new email. The message is "server smpt.me.com did not recognize the following recipients". Does this have to do with having no contacts in iCloud?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I didn't have to change anything for sending.

attachment.php

When you have iCloud set as outgoing server and it says it is offline, does it have an exclamation point next to the inbox on the left? If so, then you could be able to right click on it and select take account online.

Screen Shot 2012-01-04 at Wed, Jan 4, 7.30.46 AM.png

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The last problem was that my Incoming mail server was listed as mail.example.com and I couldn't find a way to change it. Finally deleted the iCloud account and set up another one that got the correct Incoming mail server, which is p99-imap.mail.me.com. Everything working now. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.