Classic: Photoshop Fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Hey, guys.

I've got an older version of Adobe Photoshop, 7.1. It can run on OSX, but on Tiger it has been freezing, it says it's because of OSX support. So, I set it to run on Classic. It runs great.

Just one problem, I can now only use default OS9.2 fonts with Photoshop.
How do I use my fonts?
I've installed some in the Fontbook, for Classic. I've put them in the fonts folder in the System 9 folder. I still get nothing.

Help! Please.

L

lil

I run that very version (7.01 in fact, not 7.1, it doesn't exist!) daily on my PowerBook G4 with Tiger (10.4.3), so I find it odd it should freeze.

As for Classic, it depends on what kind of fonts they are, as generally Classic used Postscript Type 1 and 3 fonts, not OpenType/TrueType that OS X favours. However OS 9 should be fine with the former too, I think what is more the problem is not just a matter of drag and dropping the fonts into the System 9's font folder, but the fact that OS 9 has not registered them, as dropping them into the fonts folder on a plain OS 9 system would in actual fact 'install' them, I think into the desktop.

I'm sorry this is vague but I believe it to be the root of your problem.

However, back to 7.0/7.01 on Tiger, what is the actual error, does it happen during install, on loading after installation?

Vicky

OP
validpretense
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I run it in Tiger, it says that it is missing OSX support files. You can still run it, but after a while it freezes up. Thanks alot for your help.

OP
validpretense
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Allright, so now I'm making stuff in Photoshop, unless I want fonts other than like, Palatino.
Otherwise, I'm using Fireworks.
'Anks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.