Booster/Extender??

Reaction score
Scenario, I currently have a Mac Book Pro. I recently moved to my Dad's house approximately 300' from my house where I was using Wild Blue without any significant problems before I left there. Moving the equipment to my Dad's is not an option as other people use the Wild Blue at my house. I am semi-rurally located in the mountains in the eastern US if it makes a difference.

So,

First question: I am using an AT&T Air Card for connection to the internet at my Dad's and am wondering if there is a booster for it as it drops the connection all too often and is sometimes very slow. It also only works in certain locations in the house. My preference would be to use the Wild Blue at my Dad's which brings us to the second question.

Second question: My Dad's house is approximately three hundred feet from my house where I was using Wild Blue without any significant problems. I am hoping there is an extender that will enable me to receive there. I am not very internet connection savvy but have a decent head on my shoulders so would be able to set it up myself if I knew what I needed and where to locate the extender and/or any other equipment necessary to get me reliable internet.

Life without reliable internet is no picnic so I would appreciate any help to getting me going.

Thanx, MacMermaid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
I think the AirPort Express extends your internet.

OP
M
Reaction score
I've heard of a range extender available from newegg.com but it has mixed reviews. It either works well or not at all. I was really hoping for some feedback here on any equipment that may work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.