Help deciding on a macbook pro (new to mac's)

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am currently looking for a macbook pro online I live in the UK but am looking at US as their machines seem to be cheaper online, the main reasons i want one is because I am a musician and want to be able to use logic, protools and also just general use.

Today I came across two unibody's online; one was a Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 250HDD, 2009 (March) MBP 15" for $950/ £609

The other has no osx but is Core 2 duo 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, 500HDD, 2009 (June) MBP 15" for $1090/ £699

I know the second one is better but don't know if really i need the added specs for what i want to do or if it's worth the extra £90.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am currently looking for a macbook pro online I live in the UK but am looking at US as their machines seem to be cheaper online, the main reasons i want one is because I am a musician and want to be able to use logic, protools and also just general use.

Today I came across two unibody's online; one was a Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 250HDD, 2009 (March) MBP 15" for $950/ £609

The other has no osx but is Core 2 duo 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, 500HDD, 2009 (June) MBP 15" for $1090/ £699

I know the second one is better but don't know if really i need the added specs for what i want to do or if it's worth the extra £90.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

As there is not a lot of money difference $140US faster processor 2gb more ram and the larger by 250 HD.
To me it's a no brainer I would get the better IMHO Mac Pro. Later you will be glad you paid the extra $140US.

OP
C
Reaction score
Part of me was thinking that but since I have been trying to not spend too much I werent sure if I should just settle for the cheaper one as a newbe to macs. However as it goes I have just found one of the same spec as the higher one from the UK for cheaper on an auction sothink i'l try my luck with it and see how it goes.
Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Part of me was thinking that but since I have been trying to not spend too much I werent sure if I should just settle for the cheaper one as a newbe to macs. However as it goes I have just found one of the same spec as the higher one from the UK for cheaper on an auction sothink i'l try my luck with it and see how it goes.
Thanks for your help

Nice thing about Mac's is they don't lose as much value as P.C.s do this is the case here in the USA, So I feel if you are not happy you can sell it and still not be at a great loss.
Good Luck with the new Mac. Let us know what you find out after using it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.