Blu ray drive for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
Hi all,

I have done a quick search both in the forum and on google to try and find the answer to the above question. The information on here seems to be a little old and I was wondering/hoping whether there had been any new developments. I basically want to be able to play back blu ray on my mac. I know I can buy/rent shows on iTunes but they are a lot more expensive than buying the physical media. For instance I can buy the whole BSG series blu ray box set for £49.99 of Amazon. To get the digital copies in lower resolution it would set me back over £140 and I still wouldn't have access to all of the extras as found on the box set. Thats just one example. I'm sure there are countless others.

Cheers

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I came across that software in one of the previous posts. Wasn't too sure how well it worked. Have you tried it?

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes, it works really well. But there's a 30day trial if memory serves me so you can try it to be sure.

I acquired a Samsung Blu-ray drive from the remnants of a repair I did for someone. So out of curiosity I hooked it up and got the software down. Only watched maybe a dozen films on it but they've all been flawless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.