eMac 2005 Help It won't turn on!

Reaction score
So here is the problem. I had a working eMac computer with a broken dvd drive. I bought a replacement and opened it up. I of course did the usual precautions they recommend such as using rubber gloves and what not to replace the drive while opening it. Anyways, I replaced it and put all the parts together. I plugged it in and it won't turn on for whatever reason. Did I do something wrong? I even reset the PMU and nothing. Did I broke this computer somehow? Any advice and help would be appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So here is the problem. I had a working eMac computer with a broken dvd drive. I bought a replacement and opened it up. I of course did the usual precautions they recommend such as using rubber gloves and what not to replace the drive while opening it. Anyways, I replaced it and put all the parts together. I plugged it in and it won't turn on for whatever reason. Did I do something wrong? I even reset the PMU and nothing. Did I broke this computer somehow? Any advice and help would be appreciated.

When opening the eMac...one VERY important thing when initially removing the plastic housing is not to damage the wire going to the Power button. If the wire going to the eMac's power button is not disconnected before removing the eMac housing more than a couple inches...the wire will get damaged.

So if you're not sure about this...this is the first place I would look for the problem. Alternatively...if you did successfully disconnect the power button wire upon disassembly...maybe you forgot to reconnect it during reassembly.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
Maybe it is telling you something... Buy a new one...buy a new one...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.