Question Macbook pro lid falling off

Reaction score
Don't really know how to phrase it apart from my screen is falling off. I'll post pictures below. Hopefully I put this in the right place!

imgur: the simple image sharer

5 photos

I dropped my macbook and it works fine everything works fine.(tough guy)

But slowly but surely the entire screen has begun to just fall off. I think the adhesive they used just wore off beginning with the shock of the fall.

Question: What do I buy or use to fix this problem?

thanks! (I am taking better care of it!)

I googled around and can I use something like epoxy resin then clamp it down overnight?? I figure I need something that is very resistant to heat.

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

OP
A
Reaction score
I can push the protruding edges into the computer without any trouble. Very difficult to close have to close from the very base of the screen btw.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would say take it back to apple but since it was dropped, I doubt they will do anything.

Hope someone else has some info for you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with Dennis. Take it on to Apple and see what they'll charge to repair it. I suspect though that they will tell you they need to replace the entire display case along with the display. That can be quite costly. Likely $500 or more.

If you do decide to repair it yourself, keep in mind that the bezel and display are mounted together by pressure fitting. And it looks like your bezel has not only come apart but is also slightly warped. I'm not sure resin epoxy will be safe enough to use as it's possible it may bleed through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp15inch, 2.2 ghz quad core, 512 mb video ram, 4gb ram/ Imac 21inch 2010
your mac

I would suggest becoming friends with a apple genius you never know when it will come in handy. for example

i got my 15 inch mbp on sept 19th the next version came out the next month, i went straight to her and she told them to allow me to return it for that.

if you already do have a friend that is a genius, DO NOT SHOW IT TO ANY ONE ELSE U WILL GET SCREWED OVEr. That was what happend to my first mac, it got the 9 beeps thingy and i didn't go to her they said they will replace the logic board for free. then a few weeks later i get a call for a crack that has caused me zero problems before.

sorry about your mac man i feel your pain!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.