Pictures in Aperture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Instead of having all the pictures inside the "Pictures" on the left side of the finder, they are obviously stored inside the Aperture library.

This seems limited.
An example:

I was just going to add a picture to G+ and I was browsing my computer and could not select an image to add, because the pictures are in the Aperture library.

This would be the same for Facebook, or any site you want to upload images to.

I understand you can do some things from directly inside A3, but is there a way to use images if you are not inside the program?

Reaction score
Select and Export image versions from Aperture to the Desktop, then use them from there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Much appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Would this create a duplicate or move the Master there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It would be a duplicate. But you can actually export directly to places like Picasa, Facebook and G+ straight from Aperture, rather than export to the desktop first. Well, maybe not G+, I haven't used it in a while so haven't tried. But I know you're able to export to FB with a plugin.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.