Audiobooks skips and plays next book

Reaction score
I listen to audiobooks and podcasts on my iPod all the time while commuting.
It works fine the first time you listen to an audiobook track. However, because audiobooks tend to be rather long, I end up stopping and switching off my ipod.
The next time I go to play the audiobook, from where I left off, starts fine, but after 4-6 mins it just skips and starts playing the next audiobook in my library.
When I stop this and return to the audiobook I was listening to it has lost my place, so I have to skip and find where I was (very annoying). But this too has a bug, if I skip too much it 'crashes' back back to the top menu. Then I have to start again.

This happens on all audiobooks, from various sources including itunes store. Its always when re-entering a track after its been switched off for a while (like the next day).

I have an ipod 5th generation. (Is it worth upgrading? Does this happen on newer versions?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.