Dim dark spots on screen

Reaction score
Hi
after upgrade to lion i notes the spots on bottom screen, downgrade to leopard again and spots not so visible now, only when rebooting. it looks life footlights
on bottom row. Does anybody have this or are my led broken.

this is a mid 2010 mac pro

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your machine still under warranty or extended Apple care? It looks like either a defective LCD or possible GPU defect. What does the screen look like from a screen shot of the desktop or from an external monitor?

OP
T
Reaction score
tok screen shot and pic ok. LED broken or default and warrenty out, ordered new but not sure if i want to do the repair myself

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're wary of doing the repair yourself, by all means have someone who specializes in Mac repair do it for you. It's worth the labor cost.

And yes, the LCD is defective if the screen shot was OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.