late macbook pros run cooler?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
Ok so on the 26th of November i got my first macbook pro i7 2.2ghz 15".But the case got hot it would leave a hot red patch on my leg after a shot while. On tic it was hitting mid 80* mark and just using google,mac forum, youtube would be enough to kick it up to *90. Running skype and google it hit nealy 100* to me this was not acceptable so i sent it back. Now im missing it and have been looking and have herd the late macbook pros don't over heat and run cooler now my macs mfr date was February so it was an early model. My question to people who own the i7 2.2 macbook pro what are you temps on tic over, google and watching youtube vids ( i know macs get hot running youtube videos) and what you macs mfr (manufacturing date) is thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MacBooks and MacBook Pro computers are not "laptops" they're notebook computers. By that I mean they should not be used on your lap without some sort of notebook stand under it to allow ventilation cooling. The next one you buy will do the same thing if you operate it from your lap.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
By that I mean they should not be used on your lap without some sort of notebook stand under it to allow ventilation cooling.

I gotta tell ya...a nice warm/hot Macintosh "laptop" is VERY welcome in the Wintertime!:)

Summertime...forgetabout it!;)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
MacBooks and MacBook Pro computers are not "laptops" they're notebook computers. By that I mean they should not be used on your lap without some sort of notebook stand under it to allow ventilation cooling. The next one you buy will do the same thing if you operate it from your lap.

90% of the time it is on a computer desk. My point is it would get hot on a computer desk ,but if i put it on my lap the heat it would produce just from mundane tasks would be enough to burn my leg on the rare occasion i put it on my lap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.