Very Slow Torrent Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is my first post here, since I've been struggling with this problem for a while and couldn't solve it.

I currently own a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro 13", running Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Windows 7 Ultimate (via BootCamp). I know this triple-boot thing sounds weird, but when I upgraded to the Lion, my battery consumption got way higher... As I needed my "extra hours" back (and didn't want to make a downgrade after paying for and liking Lion), my solution was to make another small partition and install the original Snow Leopard in it for when I'm unplugged...

Anyway, the reason that brings me here is that recently the torrent downloads on BOTH Mac OSs became REALLY slow. Even the ones with many seeders (10000+) are getting 80-90 kbps maximum, while the same torrents on Windows 7 are reaching 900-1000 kbps (at the same day, with the same internet connection)...

I was firstly using uTorrent, but since the problem started I gave BitTorrent a try. Everything seems to be configured correctly (as I also didn't change them from the time it was normally fast). Ports are open and I've set unlimited download and upload speeds. Still, downloads are very, very slow on both trackers.

I'd appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Oh, on Windows I'm running uTorrent and BitComet. On both of them the speeds are around 900-1000 kbps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What are the torents for? (so that we can clarify whether we can help or not).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
We don't condone or allow discussion of pirating on these forums. Please find legal means for obtaining the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.