Installed xtools followed all recommendations but make still doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new in this forum so apologies if I don't follow the protocol correctly.

I need to use the "make" command to install some source files. I read and tried everything I saw in this and other forums but I still am getting the following message when I try "make" using the Terminal: "make: command not found". Here is what I have tried so far.

1. I have mac leopard OS (10.5) so I downloaded and installed Xcode 2.5 ( This is the version that is compatible with my OS) in the boot volume.
2. I confirmed that there is a Developer folder in the following path: "/Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Developer"
3. I also confirmed that both "make" (as an alias) and "gnumake" are there under "/Xcode2.5/usr/bin
4. echo $PATH gives me:
"/Users/User/ledaps/ledapsSrc/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin"

HOWEVER when I try "which make" I don't get anything. Just another command prompt.

I tried re-installing Xcode, restarting the computer but nothing works. I would really appreciate any help with this issue

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new in this forum so apologies if I don't follow the protocol correctly.

I need to use the "make" command to install some source files. I read and tried everything I saw in this and other forums but I still am getting the following message when I try "make" using the Terminal: "make: command not found". Here is what I have tried so far.

1. I have mac leopard OS (10.5) so I downloaded and installed Xcode 2.5 ( This is the version that is compatible with my OS) in the boot volume.
2. I confirmed that there is a Developer folder in the following path: "/Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Developer"
3. I also confirmed that both "make" (as an alias) and "gnumake" are there under "/Xcode2.5/usr/bin
4. echo $PATH gives me:
"/Users/User/ledaps/ledapsSrc/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin"

HOWEVER when I try "which make" I don't get anything. Just another command prompt.

I tried re-installing Xcode, restarting the computer but nothing works. I would really appreciate any help with this issue

Follow up: I didn't realize that there was a newer version of Xcode that was compatible with Mac leopard OS 10.5 ("Xcode 3.1.4"). I downloaded it and it's working beautifully. I wanted to keep this here in case anyone else runs into my same problems in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.