Strange problem concering spaces and full screen apps

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have 2 desktops set up using spaces on my MacBook. I basically use Desktop 1 for all of my admin stuff (word, excel, powerpoint etc). I use desktop 2 for normal use.

When I make my browser or movie player into full screen mode from Desktop 2. It seems to automatically place them in between Desktop 1 and 2 when swiping across windows. I have to move them manually every time so that they are on the right hand side of Desktop when I swipe.

However, even after moving them manually, every time I close a full screen app, it takes me to desktop 1, instead of desktop 2.

My question is, is there anyway that when I launch a full screen app, I can make it open to the right hand side of the desktop? And can I make it always return to desktop 2 when closing a full screen app?

I've included an image below to try and explain my problem.

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-01%20at%2017.36.jpg

In this case, firefox is the full screen app. It is currently placed in the position where I want it, however, when it opens up, it places itself inbetween desktop 1 and 2. I want it to start up where it is placed now, is this possible?

When I close firefox, it will then take me all the way back to desktop 1, instead of dropping me off at desktop 2.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Go to system preferences>mission control and uncheck the box which says something like "switch to last used app". I think it's the second option. (I'm actually reformatting my hd right now, else I'd tell you)

Now, in order to have apps open in a specific desktop,it said app where you want it, then right click on the apps dock icon, then choose "options>open in>this desktop".

That should do ya.

Doug

OP
X
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll give that a go, and if there is no other post in here then you know it's worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.