Printers

Reaction score
Just bought a macbook pro 13", want to get a printer, but not sure which would be the best? What are my options? If anyone could give some info it would be appreciated! Live in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Congrats on the Macbook Pro.

What are you going to use the printer for e.g. photo printing, mostly Black & White Text etc.? How often and how much are you goint to print?

What features are most important to you.
Quality, good colour, speed.

Providing some of the above information will help you get good feedback from the Forum.

DavidH

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There are lots of options for printers. You need to narrow it down to what your needs are and then you can decide on a printer.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just bought a macbook pro 13", want to get a printer, but not sure which would be the best? What are my options? If anyone could give some info it would be appreciated! Live in Calgary, AB, Canada.

There are soooo many features in printers...you need to let us know which are most important to you!

One feature not yet mentioned is "wireless" capability. I just got a wireless printer recently...REALLY convenient to be able to put it almost anywhere (as long as there's an outlet nearby). This assumes you have a wireless network at your location.

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There are soooo many features in printers...you need to let us know which are most important to you!

One feature not yet mentioned is "wireless" capability. I just got a wireless printer recently...REALLY convenient to be able to put it almost anywhere (as long as there's an outlet nearby). This assumes you have a wireless network at your location.

- Nick

I don't have a wireless Printer but hooking it up to Time Capsule gives me that feature. ^-^

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't have a wireless Printer but hooking it up to Time Capsule gives me that feature. ^-^

Yes...I did this for a while with an older printer...but my Time Capsule & cable modem are in my basement. So I got tired of running up and down the stairs every time I wanted to print something...extra irritating if the print job didn't turnout the way I wanted it...so then a 2nd or 3rd trip.

But a Time Capsule or Apple Extreme Base Station (both products are pretty pricey new...I got mine used)...is an excellent way to be able to print wirelessly with an older non-wireless printer!:)...and even better if everything is located in a convenient location!:):)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.