The Problem with mac desktop background

Reaction score
Hi dears
Sorry ,I'm not proficient in English
I got a mac book pro newly with Lion os and I have a problem with it ,It's little problem but on my nerve:Angry:
When I change my desktop background then I restart (or shutdown) the mbp , It returns to previous picture!

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this:

Choose your desktop then open,

System Preferences, General, remove the check from the box that states "Restore Windows when quitting......."

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer
I did it but Unfortunately it didn't work out.

OP
H
Reaction score
No , I tried many pics from many locations , even I changed to default pics of lion os for example: The picture of lion head ! but It changed again to the primary pic.

C

chas_m

The reason it is doing this is because when the machine is restarted it cannot find the picture you chose. This is almost always because:

a. The source of the file (the web, another drive) is not available
b. You moved the picture after you selected it as your wallpaper

To test this, you can also choose from an iPhoto picture in your library. Try that and see if it "sticks."

OP
H
Reaction score
thanks for your sensitivity for my problem.
I did it but It didn't resolve :(

OP
H
Reaction score
Oh guys , My problem was resolved , It had a ridiculous reason! I had an app as the name of earth desktop that I think It installed with microsoft office without I know ! The ((desktop)) word in its name persuaded me to remove it! Then my problem was resolved!
thanks all

Reaction score
Desktop Image reset

Hi dears
Sorry ,I'm not proficient in English
I got a mac book pro newly with Lion os and I have a problem with it ,It's little problem but on my nerve:Angry:
When I change my desktop background then I restart (or shutdown) the mbp , It returns to previous picture!

Thanks

I tried a number of things, like deleting the desktop pList and all all of the other suggestions I have seen regarding this. I was finally able to fix this.

First I changed the desktop to the image I want, then I changed the name of the default image that it would always revert back to. On Mountain Lion the image was Galaxy. It does not work if you just move the image, it will find it.

To change it you have to locate the system library, not your user library, then find the folder in the desktop pictures folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.