Boot Camp cannot read Windows XP disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a problem

After successfully partitioning my hard drive, Boot Camp cannot read my Windows XP SP3 disc.

The disc is not genuine but I am pretty sure it is bootable. I know this because I have another Windows laptop and the disc runs beautifully (after changing priority in BIOS, even without changing BIOS, I can still run it).

I read somewhere that you can boot from the disc by pressing the option key while Mac is restarting, I tried but nothing appeared. The same thing works for my Mac OS X install disc though...

Is it possible that the disc is bootable but only for Windows OS? Or maybe the disc is not bootable? even though I thought it is...

My boot camp is v.2.0 btw

Thanks for your help! and happy new year!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The disc is not genuine but I am pretty sure it is bootable.

The disk must be either a genuine MS boxed full version or an OEM system builder's full version of XP Home or Pro SP2 or 3. I suggest you buy a genuine version of XP and not use a copy. Not only is it not in compliance with the MS EULA but we will not help you to use a "copy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.