Apple Mice for a MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
My trusty old Microsoft mouse from 2003 has finally died, and I need a new one. I find Logitech wireless mice sketchy on my MacBook, and I think I want to go with one that plugs in. I was looking at the two models of mice they have for Mac, one with a cord, the other wireless. What are your thoughts on these?

My problem with the Mac mice of the past has been that they're a little too simple... But I see the new ones have two buttons, scroll, and all sorts of interesting features for viewing images/pages (zoom etc, a lot like the track pad). Would people here recommend them? How have you found the switch from traditional mice to the Apple ones?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here is my opinion: I have both an Apple wireless mouse (2011 model) and an Apple wired version (2008) and I can't stand either one. Instead I use an inexpensive Logitech wired mouse that I bought at Wal-Mart for $14.95 which works great for me.

I guess I'm just an old fashioned dog that can't be taught all those new fangled gestures. :p

PS: I also can't stand the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
I use the Microsoft 6000 wireless mouse for my '08 iMac and mid '09 MBP. Works fine on both, never had any issues.
Amazon.com: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 - Black: Electronics

My mouse of choice though is the Logitech G700 which I use on my "not a Mac" gaming laptop. Best mouse I have ever owned. I've used the Microsft 3500 and 6000, Apple wired mouse, Razer Deathadder, and the Logitech M700 G500 and G700. Nothing comes close to the G700.

C

chas_m

I love my Magic Mouse and BT keyboard. I use them whenever my notebook is on my desk, which is nearly always.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.