How to "un-SPAM" an email or email sender

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I have several senders whose emails is going to my Mail (Lion) spam folder. I've Googled the issue and everyone says to simply right click-mark - not junk.

Problem is I don't have that option. Right-click mark give me mark as read/unread or as Junk...Not Junk is not an option.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hmm, I think your using IMAP. So what I believe is happening it that your mails server sees the email as spam and then moves the email to the spam folder.
Now, the mark as junk/not junk is your email clients spam filter (completely separate from the server one) and it isn't in control what the email server sees as junk/not junk. Hence, the missing "Mark-Not Junk" and just "Mark as Junk"

I'm pretty sure you will have to login to the web email interface, and mark it as not junk there and it will start working right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.