Connect one set of headphones to iPhone and MacBook Pro though y-adapter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2011) 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Antiglare display.
Hi all,
I have been getting answers from this forum for years, but I have just recently decided to join. I have a specific question that I just cannot find the answer to. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords for my searches? Here is the issue:

I wish to connect my one set of headphones (bose MIE2i) to both my iPhone and MacBook Pro through one y-adapter (two male ends and one female end), and still keep the functionality of the headphone button controls and mic. Its a case of laziness, but it is annoying to be listening to music on my laptop then when someone calls, unplug the headphones from the laptop and plug them into the iPhone and answer the call. So, does a product exist that is compadible with the volume controls and mic on the headphones?

thanks!

OP
mtthem
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2011) 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 512GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Antiglare display.
Well at least this has received over 400 views!

Is this just a silly question or was this posted in an incorrect section?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.