Upgrade OSX issue:HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the Mac Life, but am excited to learn. I just acquired a G5 PPC 2.0 gHz, 4 megs of RAM. It is running Tiger at the moment, but want to upgrade to 10.5 Leopard. I have a copy of Leopard that was given to me, but when I attempt to install, I am constantly asked to restart the computer to complete the install. I am not able to get past this. I have disconnected the internet, changed the password in admin. I am at a standstill. Can anyone walk me through the procedure for install? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yea, don't use torrent software. There is zero quality control, could very well be trojaned, and is patently illegal in the first place. I suspect, this thread will be summarily closed.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Mike is correct. Don't use torrented software and that certainly applies to the OS. Just go purchase a copy for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.